Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Seattle Area Feline Rescue relies on the support and dedication of volunteers in order to save the lives of cats and kittens. We simply couldn’t do the work we do without the support of every cat rescue volunteer! You can learn about the types of roles our volunteers fill on our Volunteer Job Descriptions page. Most volunteers will start on a Clean Team shift then work their way up to AM or PM Cat Care, Retail, or even Adoption Counseling! (See our Volunteer FAQs and Volunteer Handbook for more details.)
We are recruiting volunteers for multiple roles, including:
- Clean Team
- Cat Care
- Adoption Center Greeter
- Admin Support
- Transport Driver
- Social Media/ Marketing
Experienced Cat Care Volunteers needed! If you have first-hand animal experience in a professional setting, we are waiving the typically required 30 hours of Clean Team experience for volunteers. If you are interested in Cat Care, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with the SAFe Volunteer Manager.
General Volunteer Requirements:
- Age 16 and older.
- Be able to complete our 3 step volunteer intake online and attend two separate hands-on training sessions.
- Be able to commit to at least one regular weekly two to three-hour shift.
- Be able to commit to three consecutive months of service and adhere to our attendance policy.
- For Cat Care and Clean Team roles: be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for two to three hours, while working directly with cats and kittens.
- For onsite volunteers: proof of COVID vaccination (contact for more information about which roles this applies to)
3 Steps to Become a Volunteer
NOTE: The following links will open in a new tab.
Once your Volunteer Interest Form has been received, our Volunteer Manager will contact you with more information.
Email us at volunteer@
Other ways to help:
Looking for other ways to help the Rescue kitties? We are always looking for volunteers to help with:
- Collecting food and supplies for our Stay SAFe Pet Pantry
- Making blankets for the Rescue kitties at the Adoption Center.
- 2’x 2′ blankets made from fleece or other soft material are good for using in our enclosures, folding them in half for the Kitty Kasas that the cats sleep in, and putting them into carriers when the feline finds their new home.
- Purchasing items from our Amazon Wish List and Chewy Wish List to help make the kitties’ dreams come true! Gifts of food, toys, and litter are always welcome to keep the felines healthy and happy at the Adoption Center before they find their new homes.
Thank MEW for supporting the Rescue kitties!