Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Seattle Area Feline Rescue relies on the support and dedication of volunteers in order to save the lives of cats and kittens. We simply couldn’t do the work we do without the support of every cat rescue volunteer!
The first step to becoming a volunteer with Seattle Area Feline Rescue is to join our Virtual Information Session. The information session is not timed but is mandatory for all volunteers as it contains the information you will need to begin volunteering. There is also a short quiz for you to complete after the information session.
Once you have completed both the virtual information session and the quiz that follows, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form. Once your interest form has been submitted, the Volunteer Manager will contact you with more information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
General Volunteer Requirements:
- Age 17 and older.
- Be able to commit to at least one regular weekly two to three-hour shift.
- Be able to commit to three consecutive months of service and adhere to our attendance policy.
- Be able to attend a scheduled information session and two separate hands-on training sessions.
- For Cat Care and Clean Team roles: be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for two to three hours, while working directly with cats and kittens.
- See our Volunteer FAQs and Volunteer Handbook for more details
Steps To Becoming a Volunteer
If you are interested in any of our Volunteer Jobs, please:
1. Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
2. All potential volunteers must attend a Volunteer Information Session. You will be able to choose a session date to attend on the Volunteer Interest Form. If you need to change sessions, you can log in later to update your selection.
3. At the Volunteer Information Session we will sign you up for your two training shifts and discuss the open shifts.
4. After you’ve completed your two training sessions, you’ll be scheduled for a weekly shift, or put on the wait list, if a shift that meets your availability isn’t available at that moment.
All Volunteer Information Sessions are held at the rescue, located at 14717 Aurora Ave. N. in Shoreline, WA.
You can learn about the types of roles volunteers fill by looking at our Volunteer Job Descriptions. Most volunteers will start on a clean team shift then work their way up to AM or PM Cat Care, Retail, or even Adoption Counseling some day!
Email us at volunteer@
Thank you for helping the kitties!