As WA state reopens, SAFe Rescue is excited to resume in-person adoptions after over a year of contact-free online adoptions. The health and safety of our community, both feline and human, remains our top priority. We appreciate your patience as we introduce our new waitlist system, and we will do our best to make your experience as convenient and rewarding as possible!
- At this time, all visitors must be masked. (Staff and volunteers will also wear masks.)
- Please bring a form of photo ID and a secure cat carrier. (If you do not have a carrier, you can purchase one from our store.)
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 2 individuals.
- Adoptions are first come, first serve via this waitlist.
- The waitlist opens at 1:00PM and will close once it reaches capacity. (As visits are completed, more spaces may open. If you’re not able to sign up right away, please check back later!)
- Adoption hours are 1:00-7:00PM,Thursday through Sunday.
How to Adopt
- Please look at the available felines and read their bios. When you see a cat(s) you’re interested in, sign up on our waitlist. (NOTE: If a cat is in foster home, you don’t need to sign up on the waitlist. If you’re interested in a cat housed in foster, please email email@example.com to learn more.)
- Once you’re on the waitlist, you’ll be able to see your place in line and your estimated waiting time. You will get a notification text message when you are second on the list so you can plan to be near the Rescue.
- You will be notified again when you are first on the list. Please come to the Rescue’s front door within 10 minutes of being notified, and a member of the adoption team will let you inside.
- An Adoption Counselor will begin a conversation with you, and if we have cats that may be a good fit, you will have a chance to meet them.
- Once you’ve decided on a cat(s), you’ll be able to purchase any supplies you need in our retail store and also pay the adoption fee.
- You’ll be able to take your new cat(s) home with you at the end of your visit.
- Kittens under 6 months adopted in pairs
- Indoor only home
- Never declaw the cat
- Photo ID
- Provide secondary guardian contact
- Spay/neuter and microchip (All cats and kittens are spayed/neutered and microchipped prior to adoption)
- First vaccines/flea treatment
- 30 days insurance and a free check up at Cascade Pet Hospital or participating clinics.
- Cat or kitten* under 7 years: $125
- Two cats or kittens under 7 years: $200
- Adult cat 7 years and older: $50
- Two adult cats 7 years and older: $75
* Kittens under 6 months are adopted in pairs. It is important for them to go to a home with another kitten companion for their socialization and growth into a well-adjusted adult cat. (Read more about Single Kitten Syndrome.)
Thank you for choosing adoption and making a rescued kitty part of your family! As WA state reopens, SAFe Rescue is excited to resume in-person adoptions after over a year of contact-free online adoptions. The […]
As WA state reopens, SAFe Rescue is excited to resume in-person adoptions after over a year of contact-free online adoptions. The health and safety of our community, both feline and human, remains our top priority. […]
Waitlist FAQ How can I join the waitlist? Please view estimated wait times and sign up using this link. The waitlist will be the easiest way to ensure you can visit with cats at SAFe […]