Thank you for choosing adoption and making a rescued kitty part of your family! It’s now easier than ever to adopt from SAFe Rescue. Just stop by our Adoption Center (14717 Aurora Ave N) during open hours!
What to Know:
- As of Saturday, October 1, 2022, face masks are optional when visiting the Rescue.
- Adoption hours are 1:00-7:00 PM, Thursday through Sunday. (A limited number of adoption appointments are also available on Mondays.)
- Please bring a photo ID and a secure cat carrier. (If you do not have a carrier, you can purchase one from our store.)
- Adoptions are first-come, first-serve.
- We perform same-day adoptions. Are you ready to add a cat to your family if you meet the right one(s)? If so, we’d love to introduce you to the kitties here at SAFe! (Unfortunately, we are not currently able to welcome visitors to come in and meet cats if they are not considering adoption.)
- If you’d like to check how busy the Rescue is before you come by, you can view how many visitors are waiting to meet cats here.
***The Adoption Process has changed! You no longer need to sign up online. To make it easy and convenient to find a furry friend (or two) just come by SAFe Rescue. If there is a wait to adopt, we’ll add you to the list once you arrive!***
- Please look at the available felines. If you see a cat(s) you’re interested in adopting, come visit SAFe Rescue during open hours: Thursday through Sunday, 1:00 – 7:00 PM. (A limited number of adoption appointments are also available on Mondays.)
- NOTE: If a cat is in foster home, it will be stated in their bio. You do not need to visit the Adoption Center for these cats. If you’re interested in learning more about a cat in foster care please email FosterAdoptions@seattleareafelinerescue.org
- If there’s a wait to adopt, we will add you to the wait list once you arrive and you will receive a text once it’s your turn.
- An Adoption Counselor will begin a conversation with you. If we have cats that may be a good fit, you will have a chance to meet them.
- Once you’ve decided on a cat(s), you’ll be able to purchase any supplies you need in our retail store and also pay the adoption fee.
- You’ll be able to take your new cat(s) home with you at the end of your visit!
If you have difficulty with the adoption process and need accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you!
Questions? Read our FAQ here.
- Kittens under 6 months adopted in pairs
- Indoor only home
- Never declaw the cat
- Photo ID
- Provide secondary guardian contact
- Spay/neuter and microchip
- First vaccines/flea treatment
- 30 days insurance and a free check up at Cascade Pet Hospital or participating clinics.
- Kitten under one year*: $150
- Pair of kittens under one year: $240
- Cat aged 1 to 9 years: $125
- Pair of cats aged 1 to 9 years: $200
- Cat aged 10 or more years: $50
- Pair of cats aged 10 or more years: $75
* Kittens under 6 months are adopted in pairs. It is important for them to go to a home with another kitten companion for their socialization and growth into a well-adjusted adult cat. (Read more about Single Kitten Syndrome.)