Learn about becoming a cat rescue volunteer: Click Here!
Seattle Area Feline Rescue relies on the support and dedication of volunteers in order to save the lives of cats and kittens. We simply couldn’t do the work we do without the support of every cat rescue volunteer!
If you are interested in a volunteer position and meet the Volunteer Capabilities, please fill out our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION. You will then receive an invitation to our next Volunteer Information Session.
General Volunteer Requirements:
- Age 17 and older
- Be able to commit to at least one regular weekly 2-3 hour shift
- Be able to commit to 3 consecutive months of service
- Be able to attend a scheduled information session and separate hands-on training sessions
- For Cat Care and Clean Team roles: be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for 2-3 hours while working directly with cats and kittens
- See our Volunteer FAQs and Volunteer Handbook for more details
Steps To Becoming a Volunteer
If you are interested in any of our Volunteer Jobs, please:
1. Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
2. All potential volunteers must attend a Volunteer Information Session. You will be able to choose a session date to attend on the Volunteer Interest Form. If you need to change sessions, you can log in later to update your selection.
3. After the information session, volunteers will receive an email with a link to a google spreadsheet where they will fill in the shift they most desire from our available shifts, and the 2 training dates for clean team training (which is required for most, but not all, applicants).
4. Once the applicant has the dates for training, they come to the rescue for training on those dates, then they can begin their regular shift.
All Volunteer Information Sessions are held at the rescue, located at 14717 Aurora Ave. N. in Shoreline, WA.
You can learn about the types of roles volunteers fill by looking at our Volunteer Job Descriptions. Most volunteers will start on the clean team for 2-4 shifts to learn the cleanliness procedures, basic tasks we need help with daily, and get a feel for the way the rescue operates. Exceptions may be made for people that are applying for certain specialty roles or with prior experience.
Questions? Email us at volunteer@
Thank you for helping the kitties!