Planning is underway for this year’s Nine Lives Gala—and we’re seeking Auction Committee Members to help create a life-saving night for the kitties! Committee members are a driving force behind this memorable event. The work is fun, fast-paced, and essential to the rescue’s mission to save homeless felines.
Nine Lives Gala is Seattle Area Feline Rescue’s biggest fundraising event of the year, and includes silent and live auctions, dinner, and entertainment. This year’s Gala will take place at Shoreline Community College on Saturday, September 29th.
Committee responsibilities include:
- Monthly planning meetings (with a few possible additional meetings added as the event draws closer)
- Independent work on an event focus area (For example, helping procure donations, picking up items, or recruiting guests…)
- 1-2 September work parties to help prepare for the event
- Set-up help the afternoon of the Gala and volunteering at the event. (Or, recruit friends and family to join you instead: as a Table Captain, you’ll spend the evening relaxing with your guests!)
You don’t have to join the Committee to be part of the excitement!
Are you feeling inspired to help with one particular aspect of the event? Or do you want to help out, but don’t have time to commit to the committee? Never fear!
* We’re especially in need of volunteers to procure items and/or sponsorships. (Procuring can be fun: it’s like trick-or-treating for the kitties, but without the tricks!)
* We always love to have help with paperwork, data entry, and item pick-ups!
* If you have a special skill or expertise you’d like to put to use to help the event, let us know!
Please contact Shelley Lawson, Shelley@SeattleAreaFelineRescue.org, to learn more.
We can’t wait to hear from you!