Thank you for interest in and/or dedication to volunteering your time at Seattle Area Feline Rescue! We could not function without our volunteers! Below is our handbook for our volunteer procedures and policies.
(If you are not yet a volunteer and are interested in a volunteer position and meet the Volunteer Capabilities, please fill out our volunteer application. You will then receive an invitation to our next Volunteer Information Session.)
Once you read the general information and detailed volunteer handbook, please email volunteer@
You can review the complete Volunteer Handbook here.
Table of Contents (Click on any of the below to go directly to that portion of the handbook.)
- Welcome Letter
- Mission Statement
- Organization History
- Shelter Policies
- Hours of Operation and Contact Information
- Volunteer Capabilities (Physical, Mental, and Emotinal)
- Volunteer Rights, Responsibilities
- Sign In & Scheduling Procedures
- Volunteer Attendance Policy
- Rules for “SAFe” Kitties
- General Animal Handling & Behavior
- Volunteer Position Basic Descriptions
- Work Attire
- Personal Belongings
- Safety Information
- Bite/Scratch Procedures
- Grievance Procedures
- Termination Policy
Thank you for being a Catvocate!
Please email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.