Cat Care Lead
SAFe Rescue is now accepting applications for the paid position of Cat Care Lead. Cat Care Leads are responsible for leading a team of volunteers to take care of the cats and kittens at the Rescue to ensure that their daily needs are met. Cat Care Leads are responsible for ensuring that all cats and kittens receive our high-quality standard of care.
- Manage and lead a team of 3-5 volunteers on a daily basis to meet the needs of cats and kittens.
- Provide volunteers with appropriate feedback on their performance.
- Train volunteers to perform cat care and cleaning duties.
- Provide humane care to cats and kittens.
- Provide fresh food, water, and litter boxes to cats and kittens.
- Maintain clean and sanitary enclosures.
- Organize and restock supplies.
- Clean and sanitize all dishes, laundry, floors, and enclosures.
- Keep up-to-date animal records and observation charts.
- Communicate any signs of illness to staff.
- Follow and train volunteers in all relevant SAFe Rescue protocols.
This list of duties is not all-inclusive. A willingness to be cross-trained and support all areas of the rescue is appreciated. Strong communication and people skills are required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Able to work closely with animal dander/hair/bodily fluids.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and communicate those priorities to a team of volunteers.
- Ability to communicate with volunteers, staff, and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, carry, and safely lift 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to perform all tasks to shelter protocols standards in a humane and consistent manner.
- Possess or ability to learn to properly handle difficult, fractious, and feral cats.
- Maintain open mind regarding changes and be willing to learn, implement, and teach new protocols.
- Previous animal handling experience, paid or volunteer.
- Knowledge and prior work or volunteer experience in the animal welfare industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of cat behavior and health is preferred.
- Previous experience working with and training adults.
- Previous experience leading or supervising diverse groups of adults.
We encourage candidates who demonstrate outstanding communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with a high degree of integrity and accountability to apply. This position welcomes a candidate that can balance flexibility and enthusiasm and thrives on detail in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet high standards for quality of care is crucial.
Hours for this position are 9:00am-1:00pm, between 10-20 hours/week. Weekends and weekdays required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter and resume should illustrate your aptitude, experience, and reason we should contact you. No phone calls about this position please.